Habitat for Humanity Canada is looking for an experienced, collaborative and dedicated direct marketer to join its Philanthropy Department. The Direct Marketing Officer will help lead the strategic development, management, and delivery of Habitat Canada’s direct marketing campaigns. This role will work as an integrated member of the Philanthropy team, contributing their expertise to maximize fundraising revenues for the organization from individuals, primarily through direct mail, digital and social.
As a key member of Habitat for Humanity Canada’s Philanthropy team, your major functions will be to:
- Deliver a best-in-class direct response program by supporting the creation of new strategies and tactics that drive one time, monthly, major, designated and undesignated revenues.
- Assist in the development of annual planning, analysis, tactics and reporting.
- Execute Direct Marketing Integrated Campaigns via key channels of mail & digital; overseeing external agencies and collaborating with internal partners.
- Execute regionalized versions of Integrated Campaigns with participating affiliates, leveraging customization technologies to reach Affiliate supporters & increase revenue potential.
- Execute initiatives to cultivate and engage supporters, including: Welcome Package, Thank You/Impact Campaign, Indigenous Housing Program campaign.
- Support and help guide the development of The Raiser’s Edge database, Luminate Online and Team Raiser to ensure that proper information is in place to solicit and steward donors at an effective and efficient level.
- Maintain and optimize invoice/cost tracking process.
- Make recommendations based on insights derived from program results and from the analyses of donor database activity.
- Liaise with external agencies to ensure direct marketing campaigns/projects are delivered on time and on budget by developing communication and revenue objectives, providing strategic direction, approving copy and creative, and facilitating required donor data.
- Grow knowledge of giving trends and stay abreast of emerging technologies to help grow our individual giving programs.
- Facilitate the creation and sharing of reports on fundraising activities, giving trends, plans for growth.
- Attend Habitat Canada staff meetings and events as required.
Qualifications, skills & attributes
- 3+ years of experience in the field of Direct Marketing.
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution, preferably in Marketing or Fund Development.
- Demonstrated track record of providing coordination and management in the development and implementation of targeted multi-channel direct marketing campaigns that include mail, online, email, social, telephone and face to face.
- Demonstrated success leading agencies in the delivery of direct marketing fundraising programs.
- Superior knowledge of marketing and donor relation principles and data segmentation techniques.
- Strong understanding of The Raiser's Edge, Luminate Online and Team Raiser (or similar platforms).
- Demonstrated record of problem-solving and priority-setting in a fast paced, complex and evolving environment.
- Effective at developing positive internal stakeholder relations including the ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to prioritize, manage details and execute with excellence.
- Ability to effectively develop strong cross-functional partnerships, evidenced by a track record of teamwork and collegiality.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office and other relevant software programs.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Empathetic to Habitat’s cause – with a passion to make a difference.
How to apply
Please note that we will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis and we therefore encourage early submissions. Qualified and interested applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume as one document to email@example.com with the subject line: Direct Marketing Officer. Please indicate your salary expectations as well as where you saw the job posting.
Applications must be received before 5PM EST on August 22, 2019
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance. Habitat for Humanity Canada will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants for applying however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted (no phone calls please). We are a committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.
About Habitat for Humanity Canada
Founded in 1985, Habitat for Humanity Canada is a national, charitable organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. Habitat for Humanity brings communities together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership. With the help of volunteers, Habitat homeowners and 54 local Habitats working in every province and territory, we provide a solid foundation for better, healthier lives in Canada and around the world. For more information, please visit www.habitat.ca.