We believe in a world where everyone deserves a safe and decent place to live.
Globally, Habitat for Humanity Canada plays a key role in the developing world, mobilizing and investing funds and sending volunteers to Habitat program countries in an effort to serve the 1.6 billion people in need of access to decent shelter. Our global engagement work is designed to empower families to build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter solutions.
In addition to our international volunteer program, Global Village, and through our Global Neighbours projects, we work in partnership with communities and local Habitats around the world, to help people build better, healthier lives through holistic community development projects including:
- building and repairing homes
- training in wills writing, land ownership & property rights, safe household management
- improving access to safe water
- education in hygiene and sanitation
- preparing for disaster recovery
- livelihood/skills training and financial literacy